Since I’m teleworking for who knows how long, I looked at a course called The Science of Well-Being provided by Yale University. I thought they had some helpful tips that I decided to pass along to y’all. Below are some suggestions on things you can do to improve your well-being.
1. Choose an activity you really enjoy each day to savor. Examples are a shower or bath, a lovely walk, or have a nice cup of tea. Enhance the moment by sharing it with someone else. (Unless you are in the bath…you know what…you do you).
2. Create a daily gratitude journal to write down what you are thankful for.
3. Do an additional act of kindness each day. Find something that really helps or impacts another person.
4. Take a whole hour to connect with someone you care about— a friend who’s far away or a family member you haven’t talked to in a while.
5. Set side 30 minutes a day of exercise a few times a week to help boost your mood in addition to making your body healthier.
6. Get at least seven hours of sleep for at least four nights of each week.
7. Plan somewhere to go. Research suggests that experiences make you happier than material purchases.
8. Meditate at least 10 minutes per day. Find a quiet spot where you won’t be disturbed while you are meditating.
9. Write a letter of gratitude to someone you care about.
10. Set specific goals and work towards them.
I know some of these are hard to do while being forced to stay at home for COVID-19, but doing what you can will help improve your mood. We’ve begun video calling family with our son and it’s made a world of difference. Wishing you all the happiness ♥️