Welcome back to Countdown to Christmas! It’s my third year doing a tea based countdown and I am loving it! The first year I showcased my teacups with a different tea each day. Last year I tried some of my friend’s and family’s favorite teas. This year I have challenged myself to bake favorite desserts to go with teas.
We are starting our countdown to Christmas with Pumpkin Bread paired with Stash’s Pumpkin Spice decaf tea in a Nobility Permaware wheat tea cup given to me by a church friend.
The pumpkin bread turned out delicious! The spices came out beautifully. I added less of nutmeg and cloves then the suggested 1 teaspoon since i think they are sometimes overpowering. But I did learn my lesson…don’t cut corners! I thought I could get away with using self rising flour instead of all purpose, salt, powder and soda and I was completely wrong. Definitely came out crumbly! But that did not stop it from being yummy!
Below is the recipe. Enjoy! And don’t be lazy like me 😉
Pumpkin Bread Recipe:
2 cups unsifted All Purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 – 1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 – 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups sugar
3/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
1 can (1 pound) pumpkin
- Lightly grease 2 loaf pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sift flour with salt, baking powder, baking soda and spices. Set aside to put in last.
- Mix sugar and butter until blended. Add eggs while blending and then add the pumpkin.
- Place flour and spices in with the mixture, blending on low until just combined.
- Transfer batter equally into loaf pans.
- Bake 65-75 minutes or until knife comes out clean.