Gooood Morning Everybody. Welcome to Countdown to Christmas where the desserts are made up and the tea doesn’t matter. Haha okay, I may be missing my favorite game show “Whose Line is it Anyways”.
Today’s tea actually does matter. My pumpkin brownies didn’t have much flavor. It may be because I used frozen pureed pumpkin from the garden (photo on right), which was not as strong as canned pumpkin (photo on left). Regardless, this batch didn’t turn out as delicious as normal but the spices in this Harney & Sons Pumpkin Spice tea paired great. Together, they made for a tasty treat.
A few years back I became allergic to chocolate, so my mom found this recipe for Pumpkin Brownies as a substitute to regular chocolate brownies. Even though the frozen garden pumpkin batch didn’t turn out the best, I would encourage you to try making it, especially if you have canned pumpkin. It is quite good, especially on a cool fall day.
Pumpkin Brownie Recipe:
1/2 cup butter, soft
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 8×8 inch square pan.
- Cream together butter and sugar with mixture.
- Add all ingredients except the flour (cinnamon, egg, pumpkin, vanilla) and mix together well.
- Stir in flour (use mixer for only 1 or 2 seconds).
- Bake for approximately 25-35 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and knife comes out clean.